Prima LPR600 not cleaning properly - no fault indicated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have a Prima dishwasher that is not cleaning properly, in fact it appears as though the contents have barely been cleaned at all on both top and bottom racks. Also, I use Finish tablets and this remains intact too, almost as if there is not enough water circulating to dissolve the tablet.

I can confirm that there is steam coming out of the machine when the door is opened at the end of the programme, so it appears as though what water there is does heat up sufficiently. It also sounds as though water is spraying around but I can't tell if this is enough.

I found the diagnostic sequence on the web and have run the machine in the diagnostic mode, but not faults have been indicated.

Also, I noticed that the sump still had some water in at the end of the programme, so not sure if it's draining properly.

I have removed the dishwasher so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to check. I have a multimeter.

Thanks in advance.
Robert.

Sponsored Links
You don't need a multimeter just yet.
Try cleaning the spray arms, they often get blocked by food remnants & other garbage.
The dishwasher should have a little water left in the sump after a cycle, if it didn't you would soon notice a very bad smell.

Thanks for the reply zipper. I tried cleaning the spray arms as well as the filter and it is still not cleaning. Since we have lived in property for 6 years and it was there when we moved in, we don't know how old it is. Anyway, have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new one. The newer ones have the advantage of better energy and peformance ratings anyway, so hopefully will give is a few years of trouble free service.

Just out of curiosity, what would you have checked next after the spray arms and filter? I love to learn about these things! :)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will find plenty of information on the LPR600 by scrolling to the bottom of this page & checking out "similar topics".
There are numerous posts on this specific model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back