rangemaster 8090 dual fuel + no electric parts working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, we have a 2.5 year old rangemaster classic, its s dual fuel one with electric ovens and grill and gas hobs.

one day it was working fine, next day th e clock had gone out and the ovens and grill wont work.

I have checked that there is power going into the cooker and have noticed that the neutral wire is live.

i call out an 'engineer' no fix no charge, he spent 3 hours, testing diferent wires, then he told me that there must be a problem because the neutral / blue wires were live.

i told him that thats what i had told him when he arrived.

anyhow, any ideas, i assume that there must be a short somewhere, but any ideas where to start.

Sponsored Links
Usually such faults are traced to the main junction box where the mains cable goes into the cooker. Sometimes an internal wire to the box is loose and overheats.

Sponsored Links
hi, the house wiring is fine, if i remove the neutral wires from the terminal block on the rear of the cooker, they are still live.

so i assume that an element or something is shorting between live and neutral

If you are using a neon test screwdriver these often give misleading results as they use virtually no current and will show both ends of an element (for example) as live if the live is connected and the neutral is disconnected. Another thing to check is any overheat cutouts which may shut off the whole appliance.

hi, the house wiring is fine, if i remove the neutral wires from the terminal block on the rear of the cooker, they are still live.

so i assume that an element or something is shorting between live and neutral

Let me get this right, you remove the neutral wires from the back of the range so they are not connected to the appliance and they're live ?

If that's correct the house wiring is faulty !!!!

or do you mean the terminal block connections on the cooker are live ?
with neutral disconnected ?

appliance is shorting out !

If that's the case best get a rangemaster engineer out.

Know a lad that can sort it in your neck of the woods if you send me a message.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back