Sink incinerator and wall switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i have just moved into an apartment and none of the wall switches seem to work. I have changed all the fuses (like for like) but the lights don't come on.

On the same subject the switch that controls the sink incinerator doesn't work (I am assuming it's for the incinerator) I have uploaded images.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

The second image shows the wall switch for what i assume to be the underfloor heating.

Thanks guys :D

Sponsored Links
Insinkerator (waste disposal unit?)
It may have its own dedicated fuse inside the consumer unit, or failing that, take the switch out and check for a mains supply to the back.
The ones I have dealt with have been double pole switches, but I don't know if thats a legal requirement.
Ghastly things!
John :)

What's in the cupboard to the right? F/F> could be switch for that.
Do you have plug for waste disposal? some use that to make the circuit so they don't run without it in place.

Sponsored Links
Check the fuse in the plug - probably the black one in the picture.
Also unplug and try it in a different socket, such as the one immediately below which is presumably for a dishwasher or washing machine adjacent.

If the unit still won't work, they usually have a reset button on the underside, press and see what happens, preferably while running water into the sink above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back