sludge out of washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washer called it quits the other day. While hooking up the new one I noticed the discharge tube was very heavy but no wateer came out. After looking down it I noticed it was plugged solid almost with a gray sludge. What is this from and how cna I prevent it? Im worried that it will mess my septic tank up.

Sponsored Links
Gel's and liquid's don't dissolve properly at low temp's and cause this sludge build up you also get a stale smell within the drum . you need to get the likes of Calgon and put it on a 90 degree wash on a regular basis.

Our washer called it quits the other day. While hooking up the new one I noticed the discharge tube was very heavy but no wateer came out. After looking down it I noticed it was plugged solid almost with a gray sludge. What is this from and how cna I prevent it? Im worried that it will mess my septic tank up.
Probably your muddy underwear. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back