Washing Machine INDESIT WG113D Leaking Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
INDESIT WG113D is leaking Water on fill at start of cycle at the rear of the Drum, looks like it could be coming from the Tension loop where a single bolt with a large Torx type head is securing it, no sign of any locking nut - so could this have come loose over time, not sure what the tension loop is and also not sure if there could be some sort of seal behind the rear of the drum that could have perished causing the leak. Any advice much appreciated, i would rather not replace the machine if this is a simple leak to sort out.

Sponsored Links
The water is'nt leaking from the middle of the drum where the spindle is - it's from thje outer edge of the back of drum at the bottom where this bolt attaches to a metal loop that goes around the outside edge of the plastic drum housing. Would tightening of this bolt stop the leak or is there a seal behind this, i would need a large torx head driver to do this and there is no lock nut.

Yes there's a seal behind the clamp band, undo the pulley and then the clamp band and wriggle the back plate off the seal sits in the grove. It will be covered in scale.

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for the replies here. I will have a go at tightening up the band then (glad i was able to make sense to where the leak was coming from and would make sense that the seal has perished). If this does'nt do the trick, and i have to get a PRO in, rough estimate to how long it might take to dismantle and replace the seal - what would be invloved - would it be worth it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back