Zanussi table top dishwasher ZSF2450 pumping but lights out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this in March 2010 and expect it to last longer than two years so I'm fuming!

A few weeks ago I put it on a wash program and left it. After a long time I noticed a chugging noise and when I looked, all the door lights had gone out and the pump was chugging non stop. I switched off and opened the door but no change. None of the door buttons were responding. I had to unplug it to get it to stop. I called a local repair man and he came about 3 days later. When he plugged the machine in, it was working perfectly! He used a little machine to check it and told me that there was no fault. I paid him £30 for the call out.

Yesterday the same thing happened after just 10 minutes into the program. After reading various bits on the internet, we tilted the machine backwards and dried out all the water that usually collects under the filters. It worked again briefly but went back to chugging after just a couple of minutes. This morning I shook it and it seems to be OK again though I haven't yet tried to run a program.

Please, does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? My husband just wants to buy a new one but it's only just over 2 years old! Surely this cannot be right?

I just tried it and it started OK, filled with water for a minute then the lights all went out and the water emptied out. The pump remained on until I pulled the plug. HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
It must have an internal leak. If you remove the base there is a rubber hose which goe's onto the pressure bell its not uncommon for this to become loose on this model

Thank you for taking the time to reply but we tipped the machine right over and no water came out??? Surely it would if there was a leak? Also, why would it work OK for so long and then go again? Is it easy to remove the base to have a look? I can't see where it comes away.

Sponsored Links
It did start again briefly when I shook the machine, but we will remove the base and check for a leak. Thanks.

Hi - we also had this problem and took the machine apart as suggested . Low and Behold a pipe had come loose and the base plate of the machine was cacked in lime scale. we have replaced the pipe cleaned the base and re started the machine - however we now get the error code '10' - which from the manual states a water fill problem. we have checked all hoses and filters so where do we go next? :confused:

Hope you got it sorted. We had to call in the service team who replaced a blocked up filter thing inside the machine and advised me to run a cycle without dishes once a month to clean the machine. Despite doing this, here we are again, a year later with the same problem and I've called them out again...an extremely angry email has been dispatched to Zanussi as I (and the sale of goods act) expect appliances like this to last longer than this before they break down!

i have had the same problem as all of you and finally (after a whole week of fiddling with it!!) i worked it out. I checked with the base off for leeks over and over again and nothing, then pow i worked it out, i asked myself "why was it working OK until i placed it back under the sink and carried in with washing up?" - the waste water has no "one way" valve on it !!! so if your wast is for instance attached to the under sink waste, then the water is traveling back in to the dish washer, (from your sink), and making it overflow and fill the tray at the bottom, (turning on the little float, turning the pump on) and stopping it! so all i had to do was make sure it went in to its own pipe rather that having it attached under the sink so all the sink water could do the damage!! bosh and it now works fine! i hope this helps all of you ?
A good way to check is place the dish washer on the lowest point (on the floor) with everything connected but turned off and the door open, then turn your sink tap on full blast, the dish washer fills up!! (well mine did lol)
or you could put a one way valve in of some kind ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back