Been offered all SKY channels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else heard of this? I had a phone call today from an unknown source offering all Sky channels including Sky Sports and Sky Movies for £250 for the first year and then £100 for each following year.

I asked if they could email me some more information and they did. It shows the fees payable and has images of a Dream DM500-S which I guess is a satellite receiver (?) and something called a Class HD 9000X USB box.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Well it is...I had all my stuff free on virgin..Till that eventually encrryped it.
You can still get it if you have a permanet internet connection to the box.
The £100 is for a new card I reckon, but you may never see the fella again

Ask Sky, see what they say.

I tried using the Sky live chat but they did not have a clue. Gave me an 08 number to ring instead. Not sure I want to bother. I was just curious if anyone else had been offered the same deal and how well it worked.

Sponsored Links
Aint legal

Why I said ask Sky, not a forum.
The OP does not want to bother, he/she knows this isnt legal.

Sky will not be thrilled at the news will they. Having looked deeper it seems there are lots of sources selling these packages. No guarantee your box will work from one day to the next though. I agree this is not legal :mrgreen:

I suspect the live chat guys have been told not to say anything about other providers because accusing another provider of operating illegally when they weren't actually doing so could open sky to massive liability.

I know someone who has a similar box. It seemed to be operating entirely over the internet but I don't know any more details.

It's called a card sharing network and is illegal. One central server has a legal veiwing card and shares the information within the network, not just sky tv available also euro satellite tv such as tring for the football.
The dream box is a satellite receiver powered by Linux and it connects to the Internet too for the card sharing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back