picture fault samsung LCD tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a samsung 40" LCD 18mths old just running of a normal aerial no freeview box /sky etc. I have a red ghosting that appears down the left hand side of the picture the rest of the screen is fine bar a fine white line that goes across the screen half way up. This is always on starting up. If I leave the tele on the red ghosting and white line disappear leaving a perfect picture after approx 20 minutes. Yes the answer maybe put it on 20 mins before you want to watch anything but would like a nice picture from the start if possible.
Just wondering if this worth a fix, simple cheap? or an expensive fix. Want to take it to a tv man but would rather know of ease of fix before wasting more money on the tv, as sure the tv man will charge to assess tv
any help
cheers

Sponsored Links
I had a problem with my samsung 40inch tv..although over 2 years old my daughter rang them and told them the problem..a week later somebody called out and repaired it for free...ring them
http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html..... but my daughter had to be firm with them as they tried to fob her off at first
Was that with Samsung or the supplier then? If Samsung I am surprised they did anything as she had no contract with them only the shop she bought it from.

Sponsored Links
I had a problem with my samsung 40inch tv..although over 2 years old my daughter rang them and told them the problem..a week later somebody called out and repaired it for free...ring them
http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html..... but my daughter had to be firm with them as they tried to fob her off at first
Was that with Samsung or the supplier then? If Samsung I am surprised they did anything as she had no contract with them only the shop she bought it from.

Samsung...although we bought the TV from currys about 2 years earlier but we contacted samsung direct, they sent a tv engineer out free of charge and repaired it

The days of the big retail sheds understanding what they sell and being able to support it are long gone (if they ever existed). Now they're little more just marketing outfits with a till.

Manufacturers long ago recognised that the sheds are hopeless, and in the long run it's often more economical to employ their own service teams rather than rely on the Laurel and Hardy outfits.

However, legally your contract is still with the retailer, so they should always be the first point of call if there is a problem with a product. Even if it's just them phoning the manufacturer on your behalf to arrange a service call then they should still be made to step up to the plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back