Problem 50 inch LG plasma tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

When I turn on my plasma tv first thing in the morning, whether I use remote or switch on the set, I get no picture but sound is fine, I hear the back of the tv clicking and I have to try about 6 attempts then it comes on and stays on with no problems. almost like when a car warms up.

The tv is approx 5 years old, is armageddon about to begin or is the set simply telling me it is near time to go to the recycling centre with all the other plasmas.

Any advice would be truly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Chances are that there are some capacitors in the power supply that are causing this kind of problem. They're knackered and won't hold charge properly. The solution is to find them (easier said than done) and then replace them. How are you with a soldering iron?

Hi ChrisFrost

Thanks for your prompt reply, I am fine with soldering etc but sounds as though it may be a bit like disarming a nuclear weapon, as unless I have a dummies guide to finding and repairing capacitors in the power supply, I am stuffed.

Really appreciate your advice though.

Semi-acoustic

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back