Running a coaxial cable under the floorboards

Got it all set up now, looks fantastic! Can't say I notice any signal loss myself, and the house looks pretty much the same as I've just tucked the cable under the carpet.

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Under the carpet? Beware the dreaded gripper rods. If a nail pierces the cable, it won't work. Also beware big feet. If the cable is crushed, some frequencies may be attenuated.

Anyway, I'm pleased that the cable looks fantastic. :)

Sponsored Links
Problem with wireless is that the signal is weak and channel allocation poor. In fact the 2.4MHz allocation (for example) is so narrow that there are only 3 non-overlapping channels. This means that you are fighting for space with wireless routers, home weather stations, videosenders and other equipment. All it needs is for your neighbour to buy similar equipment, or turn on his microwave oven, or buy the latest "dog lost" collar and your equipment stops working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back