Satellite not working

Sponsored Links
here in sunny surrey just on the edge snowing quite heavy but melting not lying on the road and paths

Lucky the dish is quite low so set of steps and I could dig it out. I would guess about 18 inches but the wind has caused drifting so up to windows on my shed. The front garden full about 4 foot of compacted snow when removed off the drive. I would guess it will be there for weeks before it all melts.

Problem as far as satellite goes not sure when program fails if this end or transmitter end.

If it's at the transmitter you might expect to see 10 million posts complaining, instead of one. ;)

Sponsored Links
My daughter reports Turkish TV OK but lost most of UK. Next door says lost HD but standard still working. My father-in-law said not problem but after I found it was freeview not sky.

Even though I can reach dish with step ladders I have no intention of trying to move the aim. Could be simply a telephone cable laden with ice drooped down in front of dish.

But I think I will look as a loft aerial for miss piggy the local transmitter. I can access 2 meter repeater GB3MP with a hand held on the same mast so TV should be easy. Never set up before as sky never failed before.

Father-in-laws dish he said Sky was working do we believe him?
IMGP6962.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back