sk+ with magic eye and ver8 remote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
hi , I am new to this, so please bear with me, I have sky plus with a magic eye feeding my new tv - unfortunately the new tv is a Logik L26DIGB11 lcd . I have tried loads and loads of codes to try and get my second remote to do the volume on the bloody tv, with no luck , so i am not sure if i am doing it wrong, or have the wrong codes, or its just a crap make telly....... its driving me mad !!!!!!!

Any advice , such as should I be using a 3 code or 4 code ,, etc would be really appreciate.

Ps I done the beep back test and the hanset was -0065,,, but unless i am being a complete idiot I still cant get it to do the volume.....!!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
A couple more thoughts...

Is your technique right? Read a couple of other web sites to make sure you have the sequence down right. If the code you are putting in is good then the remote with flash twice.

Do all the number buttons work okay on the remote? I programmed a guys Sky+ remote for his Samsung TV. I realised his "0" key needed a really hard press.

Have you got the right codes for your version of remote control?

Sponsored Links
cheers will check and try again... THANKS very much appreciated!!!

I have the same set up in the bedrooms on a second sky box (independant fro downstairs).
I was told by a sky engineer when he set it up that...the remote volume will only work with the parent tv which is hard wired to the box. ie; not the tv connected via the magic eye.

I have the same set up in the bedrooms on a second sky box (independant from downstairs).
I was told by a sky engineer when he set it up that...the remote volume will only work with the parent tv which is hard wired to the box. ie; not the tv connected via the magic eye.

I would suggest that that is guff...
The code programmes the remote to the TV itself, not via the box, in a similar way that universal remotes do.
my sky remote will still do the volume for my downstairs TV, despite the fact the box is not upstairs, and not connected to that TV in any way at all.

yes I agree, I have the exact set up before and it eorked fine upstairs with the magic eye etc.. but since moving and getting this new TV... no luck. I must admit my old upstairs TV was a Sony and worked with 1st code... but this bl***y LOGIK TV........ :cry:

you may, or may not have already tried the code from sky.

1.Go on interactive on your sky remote 2. select sky active 3.select Help Centre 4. select set up my sky remote 5. select the model number off your Tv and follow the on screen instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back