wolsey ir pass amplifier and triax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI can anyone help! i have a triax box connected to a wolsey ir pass amplifier 8 way, i am getting the digital signal to all t.v,s but the sky signal is very week, i have tried changing the frequency/channel for the analog sky signal but this has made little difference, any ideas anyone.
thanks
dixi1878

Sponsored Links
What is "a triax box"?

Which "sky signal is very week"? and is this every week or every day?

hi triax converts the sky sky signal to av signal so you can then send the signal round your house for sky in every room, and bad signal all the time.

Can you provide a link to this hi triax so we can see what it is?
When did this problem begin? (What's the history?) What does the supplier say about it?
What cable have you used?

Sponsored Links
Can you provide a link to this hi triax so we can see what it is?
One of these
370407-tri_link.jpg

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/trilink.htm

;)

You aren't providing much detail. The Triax TriLink is for use with Freesat receivers. The only reason to use it with a Sky Digibox would be if the Digibox is the latest version without RF outputs.

If that's the case, you must set the RF channel by using those rotary switches on the TriLink and NOT by messing with the Sky Digibox settings.

hi sorry for late reply, it is the latest sky box with no output, i have already tried every channel availible non of them inprove the picture much at all the digi signal is v.good just the sky bad.

it seems to me the prob is the combination of the triax box with the Wolsey 12v amp, as this set up was working fine with my previous Wolsey spliter a non 12v. i changed this to give me red eye in each room, just not sure if i,m doing something wrong with it?

We might solve your problem more quickly if you'd simply answer all of my questions.

o.k sorry not contacted supplier yet as their not open, lead being used is digi coax cable, prob started as soon as i plugged it in for the first time, the triax is set up as link on your prev post.

t.v aerial goes into triax box along with sky on the scart connection the output then goes to the wolsey

I haven't put a link in any previous post.
Please try disconnecting your aerial cable from the aerial input socket on the TriLink, then report back what you observe.

hi there is a link with the picture of the triax box, when you disconnect the aerial all that happens is you loose the digi signal, the sky signal remains poor!

Ok, so we've established that your Freeview signal is OK and isn't causing the interference on the Sky analogue signal coming from the TriLink.

Assuming that you've connected and tuned everything correctly, and have the correct Scart settings in the Digibox menu, then the TriLink is either faulty or unsuitable. So it's back to your supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back