corsa c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for advice have a 1.2 16v got condesation a think on my oil cap but also in my coolant tank? not lost any oil but my reservior has went down a bit my coolant colour is still there? at my wits end way car !!!help!!!

Sponsored Links
A creamy white oil/water emulsion on the underside of the oil filler cap is one thing, but the same deposits within the coolant header tank are quite another......is this what you mean?
John :)

A creamy white oil/water emulsion on the underside of the oil filler cap is one thing, but the same deposits within the coolant header tank are quite another......is this what you mean?
yeah on the oil cap,but have some stuff in coolant but not sure if that condensation? but checked breather pipe and that has it too? no lose of oil,but my coolant down a bit

yeah on the oil cap,but have some stuff in coolant but not sure if that condensation? but checked breather pipe and that has it too? no lose of oil,but my coolant down a bit
changed my spark plugs today as i change them like every 5000-7000 miles but when i taken old spark plugs out there where no water or anything flooding does that mean there nothing wrong my headgasket? cheers

Sponsored Links
At this stage, forget about it - oil emulsion inside the engine is normal in cold weather.
We never like to see oil in the coolant at any time so do keep an eye on that.....don't confuse it with a bit of scum though.
Unfortunately a spark plug test for a popped gasket isn't conclusive unless the leak is very dramatic - and coolant would be shot out of the expansion bottle if this was the case.

At this stage, forget about it - oil emulsion inside the engine is normal in cold weather.
We never like to see oil in the coolant at any time so do keep an eye on that.....don't confuse it with a bit of scum though.
Unfortunately a spark plug test for a popped gasket isn't conclusive unless the leak is very dramatic - and coolant would be shot out of the expansion bottle if this was the case.
could you give me pic of scum in coolant as im cautious #nomoney thank you for reply

Back