Ford Fiesta 2004 Centre Rear Seat Belt problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Back on here again looking for some guidance -

MOT Fail , The Centre Seat belt wont pull out , so its a fail

We ordered one via a Breaker who sent out a "guaranteed " replacement but when fitting it we have the same problem , it wont pull out even when not fitted ...... am I missing something here ??

I realise that if you yank the Belt it wont come out , that's how its designed , But even pulling gently doesn't do the Trick

Is it possible that the item being "thrown" about when being delivered by the Courier could have caused it to lock up ??

Cheers in anticipation Guys and maybe Girls.

Lucky

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's an inertia belt it needs to be at the correct alignment or the inertia lock kicks in ie if it's upside down etc the belt won't pull out. Also some belts have a self-tightening mechanism when involved in a smash. Some of these "lock up" once activated, although it's often just the front belts. If yours doesn't work when fitted then get a replacement, since it's guaranteed.

Does the belt mechanism work properly when its not fitted? There's a locking ball device which freezes the belt, and as Alan says, it will only work at the correct angle.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

Thanks for the input , the old one locked solid and the Strap had to be cut to get it out ,

A replacement was sent , but it was the wrong one, the Original one had what I would call standard sides

The new one had a slot and channel where a small Cable should be installed , If the Cable isn't in situ it wont work , this was the wrong one , there is no cable within the Seat upright , So the Company is sending out a Belt to match the Original Belt

Hopefully the replacement will work !!

Thanks again for your input - greatly appreciated

Lucky

Back