How to free stuck CD 2006 Mazda 6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to get a CD stuck in my Mazda 6's in dash 'stacking' CD player.

Unfortunately I inserted a very old CD which has a stick on ring around the edges (For you younger folks, they were in use when CD's first came out and were stuck on to add weight and give stability to CD's) which doubles the thickness of the CD. Anyway it played OK, but when it finished, the player normally moves to the next CD. This time it didn't and now it won't play or eject any of the discs.

The machine holds 6 CD's and is connected to a BOSE unit under the drivers seat. (all factory fitted) CD's are ejected by pressing a button which opens the CD slot and shuffles the CD's internally before ejecting one. It makes noises and the display shows "CD Eject" that suggests it is trying to eject the CD but doesn't manage it. The CD slot remains closed so I can't see inside.

So if anyone can help me get the CD's out that would be appreciated. I've spoken to several companies who only are interested in selling me a new unit and don't want to investigate the problem and I don't really want to spend several £100 on a new unit for an 8 year old car.

Sponsored Links
Any help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJuVGLOzpLU[/QUOTE]
Thanks for trying, but unfortunately that video it doesn't bear any resemblance to my cars dashboard or the CD unit which is incorporated into the radio.

I have found a youtube video that shows me how to dismantle my dashboard which I have successfully done and taken the radio out. However, I can't see how to get into it and I can't find any information how to anywhere. I'm worried about damaging it, and because it's part of a BOSE system, if I do I feel that it will cost me dear. So having taken it out of the car I plan to take the unit to a local repair shop if I can find one.

Sponsored Links
Back