Kangoo 2000 1.4 petrol immobiliser problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being retired and needing an all round vehicle we bought, what has been for a short time, a workhorse cum runaround. The problem we have now is that the key does not immobilise the immobiliser and having rung Renault they went into the list of costs it will take to rectify it, starting at £49 plus VAT the next step purchasing a new fob up to £120 etc etc. Now having looked at the paperwork that came with the vehicle this process was gone through approx 4 years before we purchased it. How often does this happen? We have seen all sorts of ideas on the internet of how to rectify this yourself but none of it has changed the situation and this seems to relate to a lot of Renault vehicles. Why is it not down to Renault to put right inherent faults or is this something they do to keep money coming in.
I will never purchase another Renault vehicle. I am on a pension and it is going to take all of my months income to rectify this.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm a bit confused are you saying the immobilisers is locked on so the car wont start or you cant immobilise it when you lock it?
if its the former then the attached might help. I had a Peugeot 406 which did the same and this chap sorted it.
http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

you can also get, better still use someone elses, lexia emulator on ebay which with a computer enables the ecu to be 'talked' too it might even explain why its poorly. There is a key programming function with this just like the dealers, it worked with a citroen c1.

finally there might be a bsi on your vehicle which acts like a sub brain for some of the vehicles functions. These can throw a hissy fit and need to coaxed back to life by carrying out a certain series of events such as turning on the sidelights turning on ignition etc. Theres usually info in the likes of the Renault forum posted by the desperate. Good luck

Back