leaking head gasket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I'm currently trying to sell my 2001 Honda Accord. The first person to view the car has said "Sorry but it looks like the head gasket is leaking". and walked away. I don't blame him if this is the case.

Unfortunately I have no idea, but to be honest it doesn't look too good. there's quite a bit of oil on the engine. a couple of photo's below.

The car has been driving fine for the last 6 months, and passed it's MOT at the end May? I have no idea how long it's been looking like this.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Nope, thats the rocker cover / camshaft cover gasket mate - the cylinder head gasket is below the exhaust manifold that you can see there.
Give it a wipe round with a rag and say nowt.....or even replace the gasket :p
John :)

That actually looks like a nice clean engine for its age. You should see the state of my daughter's Renault Scenic that I'm working on right now. :eek:
The guy obviously didn't know one end of an engine from the other. Worry not and wait for the next buyer ;)

Sponsored Links
ah thanks! I feel like I can relax a bit now!

Yep, owned the car for over 4 years, not a single problem with it :D

Thanks again

He probably just lost the bottle ...........

But might be worth looking at the coolant in the tank, for excessive bubbles when the engine is hot, or having to top up frequently?

If you had a spanner you can see the rocker cover bolts in your picture, need a tightening, 10mm, I'd say, guessing .........

Back