Mazda 6 Battery / Power Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have a 2 year old Mazda 6 Tamura which had a battery failure on it end of Aug. Mazda replaced it under warranty saying it was just a bad battery, no other faults. Since then however, there is noticable issues with power, main one being, headlights dim considerably when another load is put on the battery, i.e. A/C switched on. Its not just a quick flicker, its a big dip, and if the A/C is left on, they dim and come back up as your driving along.

Its currently back in at Mazda who have called to say its normal for light to dim when A/C turned on.

Bearing in mind i've owned the car for 2 years and its never done it to this extent, was i right to tell them I'm not having it and something wrong?

B

Sponsored Links
You might find it's the alternator regulator kicking a bit slower than it used to, i would get the garage to check the alternator under a great load just as a precaution.

I also would suspect the alternator but it could also be that the belt is slipping, is the alternator driven by the same belt as the aircon?

Peter

Thanks, the alternators was one thought, the other was, did they fit the right battery? I'm far from a car expert, but thinking back, it never used to do this, they put a new battery in, and suddenly it does...

They've called to say they did something to the ECU, but seemed very non committal to whether it fixed the issue, other than to say, it appeared to be within maufacturers guidelines..

Sponsored Links
It will be more than likely a smart charge system which, yes you have guessed it is ecu controlled, so could possibly sort the problem, just like the fords and you don't want it to be the alternator as £££££££££ to replace.

Back