Mondo 2005 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks newbie he looking for some advice.
Bought a 2005 diesel mondo from a local small dealer, good mileage on it only 60000 - cost 2400 gbp and he gave me a 3 month engine only warranty.
Problems ever since. Flywheel had to be replaced after a month - dealer said that it wasn't part of the engine therefore does not apply. Then 3 weeks ago after getting that fixed for 600, the car gave more issues driving. Turns out it needs new injectors and a pump - the mechanic says it was being used with laundered diesel - will cost another 1000 to fix- the 3 month warranty has now expired.
Planning to back to dealer, what do you think my approach should be please.
Andy advice gratefully received
James

Sponsored Links
The injectors on these go out of calibration for which the ECU/pump (I forget which) can no longer adjust. Typically, a reprogramming is required, although a petrol load full of fuel would give the symptoms you describe.

What makes the dealer think it's been used with knock-off diesel? Are the lines/filter stained red? It sounds like they're looking for excuses and I would ask them again to fix it, be nice as you are out of warranty after all.

By the way, the flywheel is part of the engine, no mistake about that, so you have that as a trump card. Any engine would be as rough as hell without a flywheel, would need to idle at a much higher speed and may stall easily. How that's not part of the engine I wouldn't know.

dunno if its different in your world,but i would be reporting him to trade/standards peeps,and quote the sale of goods act(iirc 1979 ?)

iirc you have 28 days to either reject the car or have the supplying dealer carry out repairs.this does not effect any kind of warranty you have with the car.

have a look on line(martin Lewis)has lots of info.

Sponsored Links
I think the injectors are programmed into the ECU by using software to enter the code printed onto the injectors, if the codes on the side of the injectors have changed (the injector gone out of calibration) then there is little anyone can do other than remove the injector and send it of for reconditioning and generation of a new code. A lot of places will do you a swop out with yours (and a pile of cash) for a reconditioned part.

Back