Part No wanted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To enable me to find a part at the best possible price, I'm looking for the part number, which Toyota refuse to give out. "I'm sorry mate, I'm not allowed to give it out", is the usual reply.
I'm looking for a heat shield for a Toyota Avensis T180 2.2 D-4D Diesel.
It's the rear one that goes between the exhaust and the fuel tank.
I'm not going to pay Toyota £110 for it so, if push comes to shove, I have a nice sheet of aluminium here that I can bash into shape if need be. :)

Sponsored Links
I would think it unlikely that you would get a new one from anyone other than the manufacturer, its not exactly a 'service part'. I think your best bet would be a scrapyard, see if there are any being broken on ebay.

Peter

I agree, I probably won't. I'm just annoyed at the reluctance to part with the number more than anything else.

Sweet talk your local breaker, no number required. Just might need your old one to put on the engine to keep it complete. Oh and you will have to pay him, they don't do good will gestures.

Sponsored Links
Got it :) 77641-02010
http://tinyurl.com/b6bjwwc

I was always going to get it but, it's just annoying that the dealers are so unhelpful. They are ok if you're giving them money, otherwise, forget it.

Here's the part I ordered all the way from Japan. It cost me the princely sum of £18 + postage + VAT.
It was still a lot cheaper than the £110 Toyota wanted for it.
The irony is that it was made in Britain, shipped to Japan then, shipped all the way back. Talk about "rip off Britain".

Here's the part I ordered all the way from Japan. It cost me the princely sum of £18 + postage + VAT.
It was still a lot cheaper than the £110 Toyota wanted for it.
The irony is that it was made in Britain, shipped to Japan then, shipped all the way back. Talk about "rip off Britain".

Hi who was the company you used I am after the same part.

please tell me where u got the part from in the end. I'm having the same trouble. thanks

Sponsored Links
Back