Peugeot 206 1.4 51 plate rough idle plus,,,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks, my 206 runs really lumpy on idle and the car sometimes just cuts out a few times in the first 5 mins of driving and then it wont cut out again, but it is still lumpy on idle, any idea`s much appreciated

Sponsored Links
One of the obvious points to look at would be the idle control valve......on tickover the throttle is completely shut so engine idle is governed by this valve, which is a sort of bypass system. If its sticking or dirty then a rough idle is the result.
Other problems are leaking vacuum hoses around the throttle body area or mayonnaise build up in the pipes leading from the rocker cover.
John :)

Hi John, thanks for the great info, checked for air leaks ect and all seem fine, so now the idle valve, I have seen them on ebay for £14 or from most car part shops £65, do you think the ebay ones will do, many thanks Dale

A million dollar question that one, Dale!
Personally I'd go for a correct ICV from the likes of GSF or Eurocarparts, but the thing is, we don't know for sure if its that which is at fault.
I'd be inclined to remove the ICV, give it a clean and then reconnect it - looking for some motor movement when the ignition is turned on.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Try cleaning it first and the throttle butterfly too. As John says ebay parts are hit and miss so if you do need one go to gsf or euro car parts.

Back