Peugeot 206 automatic gearbox fault light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what is used to trigger this fault light?

Would most people seriously avoid buying a car with an intermittent fault like this?

Tony

Sponsored Links
FWIW, on my 1991 Cavalier, if the battery voltage was low (winter time, lots of current draw, or battery on the way out) the thing would go into limp mode on start up. Very often, switching off and restarting would clear the error.

Have you checked the wiring diagrams? Often these are good at giving clues. If it's just a standard auto box then I would hope it would be something relatively simple.

I have not seen the wiring but fear its only a sensor connected into the car ECU with no other information!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Might be a faulty or loose connection to a sensor or might be telling you the pressure in the box is low. Oil level in the box OK?

Best to get the fault codes read (local independent garage) hopefully pointing you in the right direction.

Good luck selling an auto box vehicle with the warning light on, its just not going to happen, unless its a trade sale at reduced value. Sorry but that's just reality ........

Personally I'd steer clear of any French vehicle with auto transmission......they are the most troublesome of all systems. The lamp often indicates oil pressure problems within the gearbox.
John :)

It sold for too much for a car with a fault like that so i dont have it!

Thank goodness!

Back