Peugeot 206 idle RPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I recently bought my first car a Peugeot 206 1.4 LX 2002. I purchased the car from a private dealership. After purchasing it online, they said the clutch was slipping, and advised I got it changed and of course I agreed. When they delivered it the dealer said they had replaced the clutch and exhaust.

After replacing the battery and filling the fuel, I started the engine and in park gear the throttle stays at 2000 rpm+, I know it does this to warm up the engine but it will stay like this for a good 20 minutes and the engine should be at optimum temperature. I'll try driving the car and it automatically drives without even needing the gas, but after a while at a junction the car will revert back to below 1000 rpm. I don't know if this is normal (it shouldn't be though).

I'm going to try resetting the BSI. But the only other way to bypass this is by putting it into third gear, clutch down, and making it stall. And I don't want to be continuing that every time I make a journey. What do?

Sponsored Links
you mention changing the battery, why did you do this?
Try disconnecting it again for 30 mins, reconnect and when you start the engine dont touch the throttle and let it idle for a few minutes.
Go for a short drive and see if it improves.

Sponsored Links
Back