peugeot 206 making hiss when braking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI THERE IVE JUST BOUGHT A 2001 PEUGEOT 206 A WEEK AGO AND NOW WHEN I RELEASE THE BRAKE WHEN DRIVING I CAN HEAR A HISSING NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE. AS OF YET IT ISNT AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BRAKING BUT IT IS WORRYING AND ANNOYING ME... PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IT IS AND HOW EASY IT IS TO FIX ?

Sponsored Links
Hissing & brakes = servo leak!

Ps - you seem to have a problem with your CAPS LOCK :eek:

Oh & Don`t double post, makes it slightly confusing having 2 threads running on the same prob.

The 206 is traditionally LHD, which is why the servo is on that side - its connected to the brake pedal by a linkage.
Anyway, there is a rubber gaiter that covers the rod from the brake pedal to the master cylinder, and that wil have a tear in it. It won't naturally affect braking performance, but do keep an ear on it in case it gets worse.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The 206 is traditionally LHD, which is why the servo is on that side - its connected to the brake pedal by a linkage.
Anyway, there is a rubber gaiter that covers the rod from the brake pedal to the master cylinder, and that wil have a tear in it. It won't naturally affect braking performance, but do keep an ear on it in case it gets worse.
John :)

thanx a lot it gives me a little pease of mind. do you have any idea of how much it should cost to fix and how easy it is to do yourself as i do have limited mechanical skills and a HNC in engineering, im also currently a heating engineer ( i know it has nothing to do with cars ) but i though id let you know

Back