Peugeot 307 1.4 petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for some pointers here, I drove the car home last week and it seemed lumpy when driving it. I got in the car the next day and the car would not start. The engine turns over but there is no Ignition. I have changed the spark plugs, but still it just wont fire. Any pointers to what I can look at ?. I have found the coil pack could cause this to happen but would it just stop the ignition just like that ?

Sponsored Links
These coil packs don't have a long service life really - I find between 40 and 50k miles fairly typical.
Normal failure is a constant misfire which can cause very difficult starting or no start at all. The engine management light will be on.
The packs have four coils in one package, and they release from the plugs as a single piece. Maybe a friendly motor factor would let you try a new one?......Just look at the top electrical connector and see if its grey or black - they aren't interchangeable.
John :)

Immobilizer may not recognize the key, have you another?

Next would be the crankshaft sensor or the camshaft sensor gone faulty. Just check the wiring going to both of them, for a bad connection.

In an ideal world get the fault codes read first, to point you in the right direction

Sponsored Links
I have just encountered almost the same problem with my peugeot 307, 2.0 hatch.......i filled fuel when it was showing 92km to filling station, about 17 litres, and the warning light had just came on. After filling with 17 litres, the light did not go off, the km did not change and the petrol gauge is pointing towards right foot (right handed car)

how can i solve this problem.

Back