picasso 2.0 hdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anybody help me with this problem, i have a 2.0 hdi picaso (2001) 8 times out of ten it starts no problem, i can be running it , stop go to shop and can be difficult to start, it turns over ok, it is as if there is no fuel, i have been lucky so far it has always started, hope you can help with this problem, mike

Sponsored Links
If this problem is heat related, i.e the problem is much worse when the engine is hot, I'd tend to go for the crankshaft position sensor.......on the top of the gearbox bell housing, held on by one Allen screw.
Guesswork, naturally!
John :)

If I could just but in, consider temperature sensor or fuel pump and it might be worth getting the fault codes read. Local garage might be able to tell you whats logged as a fault by plugging it in, for you.

Sponsored Links
I have had several faults on this engine due to the pressure regulator on the HP diesel pump. It has an internal filter which gets blocked, its made of what looks like stainless steel with minute holes in it and I haven't been able to successfully clean one. Some don't have the filter so I have removed the one on my C5 and its been fine since.

The regulator is fairly easy to remove, its secured to the pump with two screws, maybe torx or allen, and a connector, when you remove it you will see the filter on the end.

The problems I have had have been: difficult starting especially when hot, limited revs and the engine light coming on.

If you find metal swarf stuck in the filter you lift pump is failing (assuming you have one).

Peter

Back