vauxhall meriva eps light and relays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys two days ago my mervia started to play up a little when the ignition was left on so radio could be used.

whats happened is it developed a loud fast clicking noise like a relay opening and closing really fast, im unsure wheter its related but now the eps light comes on intermittantly
has anyone any ideas as to what it is and what i need to do to fix it

Sponsored Links
Does the noise happen as soon as you turn the ignition on. How long does the noise last?

EPS light, you need to get a diagnostic test done or the pedal test to see what fault codes are present

noise is present until ignition is turned off again and im not sure what the pedal trick is can you explain it to me
thanks
terry

just been out to car to test a pedal trick, turned key with both brake and throttle pressed.

car with spanner symbol flashed continuously until brake was realeased.

regards

terry

Sponsored Links
thought the pedal trick only worked on older cars, have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins? make sure you have the radio code etc first.

had car tested today with a code reader no faults found

Can you switch the ESP off?

From others with the same problem, it seems the problem causes the ESP to cut in and out and the clicking. Google it, if you have the time

Hope this helps

thanks mursal,
im not sure whether eps can be turned off but ill look into it

thanks mursal,
im not sure whether eps can be turned off but ill look into it

jsut to correct things eps is electronic power steering i think esp is electronic stability program

ive tried to find information relating to eps and will allow problem to develop and see if steering gets heavy or anything

asked at college (in class)today someone says abs pump other googled it and come with steering angle sensor, 1 tutor recons alternator packing in and its dumping the power steering circuit a bloke at a equipe recons ecu and another tutor came up with somert else which ive forgotton what he said.
as you can see most of these are expensive fixes for them not to work

so is it possible to do test to find out if any of the above are indeed faulty prior to spending money

ps mursal thanks for your reply you ussually knwo what your talking about so thanks anyway

find someone with specific vauxhall diagnostic software and it will probably point you in the right direction, no good guessing its an expensive hobby.

hi again guys ive had car diagnostics tested at college what we found was the speed sensor has no signal, on the meriva this is on the toothed ring that is for abs. can anyone tell me how to test what resuts i should be looking
cheers terry

Sponsored Links
Back