vauxhall meriva eps light and relays

Usually dirt on the ring causes it to stop working? Blow it out with an air line to ensure all the teeth on the "toothed ring" are clean.

To check the sensor:
Look for corrosion on the connections (green/discoloured connection in the plug) Clean as you go

If its a 2 wire sensor (Inductive) measure the resistance across the connections. Look for open circuit (no connection) or a short circuit (no resistance) on the Ohmmeter. If you have Autodata at college, it will tell you the correct resistance for the wheel sensor. You should get a small AC voltage across the 2 wires as the wheel turns. A voltmeter set to alternating current will test this, but it may be difficult to turn the wheel fast enough to generate a voltage while testing.

If its a 3 wire sensor (Hall Effect) you should get a square waveform from the "signal" wire (usually the middle one, but not always). The other wires are supply (+) and earth (-).

But to be honest if cleaning the teeth and the connections don't help, you need a sensor. Don't forgrt to clear the fault codes after you have done the work.

Sponsored Links
go with mursals suggestion first, usually water gets into the connectors under the wheel arch area near the sensor.
autodatas test procedure for these is a bit vague,it says the following.
Test at terminals b41 and earth at vehicle ecm, with ignition on and vehicle pushed expect to see 0 volts or 10-14 volts fluctuating.
What year and engine size is it?

its a meriva 1.4 2006 thanks guys ill look at the car soon as the weather clears so i can work on my drive

Sponsored Links
I had this problem recently coupled with the car stalling sometimes at junctions. It turned out to be a simple breather pipe at the top of the engine that was broken. I guess the EPS light was coming on as the engine struggled to keep running. Its not always a en expensive issue !

Back