Volkswagen Golf 1.9 SDi Smoke Test Failure

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
It failed the test today, any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pretty unusual, really.... :eek: and I'd be really surprised if there was a cat problem.
New air filter, and a diesel fuel additive really helps - Forte and Millers do one, and you can see the emissions coming down as the car is tested.
The popular 'Italian tune up' is also a good move to blow out all of the crap from the exhaust system.
John :)

As John says, if you amble along in traffic for any length of time the system fills with soot, when you rev it hard it dislodges it so what you are actually seeing is soot not smoke, go back giving it a good thrash on the way and it will probably pass.

Peter

Thank you, I was at a bit of a loss, as to what was going on.

Air filter, additive and a "good run" ........ sorted

Appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
Invoice (in euros) to follow :p
Seriously, VAG stuff goes through the emissions MOT so readily, I rarely give them a thought.
Another year on the tarmac, Mr. Mursal :D

Sorry John, I cannot read your posts when I login, Have to read them before I login to answer.

I can live with a bit of slagging over invoices in Euro, as the advice was appreciated

:)

Can't answer that one about my posts, Mr. M :confused:
However, when you look at the quality of some of them, maybe its just as well :p :D

Have you got the Irish buttom cllicked, John :)

Usually put a bottle of diesel engine cleaner in and take it for a short run , always worked for my golf diesel.

Sponsored Links
Back