Boundary Line?

I wouldn't go splashing money around getting hold of detailled plans and what-not just to prove a somewhat academic point.

Fact is, he agreed to the fence being replaced with one in the same position. If he's now got a problem with the fence line then HE is the one who needs to prove it's in the wrong place.

If he tries to object to your dropped kerb then he'll be asked on what grounds he's objecting. "Because I currently park my HGV there in contravention of my Operators Licenece" really isn't going to get him very far at all!!!

If it were me then I'd just carry on doing my own thing and let him bluster all he likes.

Sponsored Links
hi there
cheers for the link
all sorted and I should get the docs sometime soon
but looking upon the sample docs they show, it is not going to be of any use re detail of line/boundary dim's
but it is better than nothing

I forget the terms but if he allowed you to spend money placing a fence there then he cannot later object to it, also as it is in the same position as the previous one he cannot object to that, also the boundary cannot be measured accurately in the majority of cases so a boundary feature is used.

Do not spend any monies trying to prove anything - he has not got a leg to stand on.

He would have to take you to court to do anything and would likely fail.

However, mentioning his operators license would likely get him to stfu. :)

hey there.
yes i am getting the idea that he has no right now. but it is not like i have taken anything that was not already there.. so I am not one of those that trys to take more than what is one's to start with.

Sponsored Links
ok new problem now..rear boundary line?
what do i do re getting my boundary line problem resolved

see photos please on my profile

the old concrete posts with wire line ( original council line/boundary fence) were on my side of this block wall.. that i think the previous neighbour next door built. and since then the conrete posts /wire fence have gone? but stumps are buried in my garden along the edge of the wall.

So ok around 3 years ago! my now current neighbour and i were talking re stuff you know cars and women and football, over the wall as neighbours do.. and i asked the question" who's wall is this? is it mine or yours" to him, and he said it must be mine as it is on the left side of my garden!

So upon looking re party wall line to plan the conservatory footing and placement, i find the party wall is 9" inside the line of the old original concrete council posts ( centre of the concrete post) and 11" inside the inner surface of mine/his block wall ( the one he said " i guess, must be mine")
so now the question is this..
Do I build to the outer edge of the conservatory up to the center line of my party wall to oblige usual planning rules? in general. or do i build it upto the centre point of the original conrete posts? which as still there ( broken off under ground )
Is this the original Center Boundary Line?

so to remove a 3" dead space, or +9" = a total of 11" dead space as this is from my partywall- to his block wall surface wich wil be unusable space for both of us. and plan to make it usable and whoevers

should i ask him this and get a letter signed for by him and myself in writing?
saying..
that he can have the block wall back, and have full ownership of this wall. and I have the 3" from center point of old conrete post towards the surface of his block wall? or the full 11" from my party wall center line up to the surface of the BlockWall.
whilst also leaving me with the ownership/ responsability of the downpipe of the jointly used main house guttering ( which as it happens! is right in the centre point of the old council concrete post line ) so having him have the wall.. i have the 3" ( or 11" if i am not meant to go by the old concrete fence posts ) of land ( lol .. only 3" i know but I am trying to get this all sorted now and not a year down the line ok )
and he losses nothing to what he has had since he bought the house, and we also have what was always there when we too bought our house.
but it means we can draw a line under the whole issue.
can we do this, privately.. with a letter we both sign? any advice on all of the above is urgent also on a format of a letter
i have added photos to my profile i think lol, or they might be here if i have done it right

i think my questions are these..
1. is it legal for me to build upto the original council conrete post line. when it is out by 9" from center party house wall
2. is it my land and block wall since he said the block wall must be mine? As he has given me a Verbal "Agreed Boundary"
3. can i/should i only build along the center line of the joint party wall of the house itself. to avoid issues in the future
4. should i just move and live in a tent lol
5. what ever answers i must go with is fine, but how and where can i go and what should i do to have this in writing?

you will see in the photo black lines on the brickwork..
this is as you look at it
the line on the left is the internal wall surface of our party wall, and the line on the right side is the center line of the party wall brick itself
the square object on the right is the original conrete post stub, and the elbow/curved clay pipe is the downpipe runoff for the guttering downpipe which goes directly into the top right corner of the photo

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/buildi...ce-needed-please-urgent.288613/#ixzz1WutsWue7

Hi - this is for InkyPete
and his thoughts re usage and parking for my neighbours truck, of which he does not need an opperators license
below is the reg and rules for use of

recovery vehicles. Paragraph 3 of the Goods Vehicles [Licensing of Operators] Regulations 1995 states that a recovery vehicle has the same meaning as in Part V of Schedule 1 to the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (i.e. a vehicle which is constructed or permanently adapted for any one or more of the purposes of lifting, towing and transporting a disabled vehicle).
Vehicles which do not need to be on an operator’s licence or the use of which do not require an operators licence
The following list reflects the substance of the main exemptions from operator licensing and is a summary only. Details of most of them can be found in Schedule 3 to the Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Regulations 1995.

vehicles first used before 1977 which have an unladen weight not exceeding 1525kg and for which the maximum gross plated weight is between 3500kg and 3556.21kg
(3.5 tons)

motor vehicles & their trailers using public roads for less than 9.654km (6 miles) a week, whilst moving between private premises

mmmm

Also as he is a private user, and does not use it for work, nor as a business as such, ( as I cant tell ) he is exempt to needing a Operators license.
so he can park it were he likes.. so VOSA just said.

So the fence line went up

and 4 months later next door have pointed out that the fence line is out by a number of inches??

this was a letter addressed to the "home owner"? i.e. to me

he has since pointed out that only the back post that sits against the house is out a an inch or so and would like it sorted?

his garden is a tip and a scrap yard of junk and off road cars and truck parts and really i feel he can go whistle

i have yet to check the position of the post to see if it is out by anything, but i am in no rush to appease his needs of being a complete fool

just thought i would up date as i am in a right mood now lol and all down to my fool of a neighbour

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back