bringing the gas and elec box into new porch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I want to build a new entrance lobby, by moving the front door forward 2m the gas and elec box will be indoors, the box's are fitted to the integral garage.( on a 100mm wall) would this be a problem? am I going to be in breach of some gas safe rules?the box's will be boxed in on completion with discrete access panels.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it utilities companies are reluctant to allow you to do this is, as they would prefer to be able to isolated supplies without entering the property.

There was a thread on here (I can't find it! ) which indicated that the supply companys have different specs for the pre-meter pipe if it is fitted externally and thus when you surround it with any extension, it becomes an internal pipe. If a change is needed, or identified by the DCO, they can cut off the supply pending your paying them to replace!
Suggest you check first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back