Building an outbuilding in front of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

i am proposing to build an single storey office (size of a large or double garage) on my existing drive. I have attached a rough drawing of our existing/proposed layout.

I am assuming planning is required because it is in front of the principal elevation but I would just like to have some feedback from you guys whether its worth applying or not.

On the drawing, the red line is the boundary line (Assuming it correlates with the fence line of my alleyway between my and neighboring houses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upsjjj1ff222o3n/garage.pdf

*DRAWING NOT TO SCALE, FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY*

Sponsored Links
Planning is required, based on the scant information if you were my client I would say there was more chance of refusal than approval.

Hi greedy thanks for the reply

I am aware the info I have given is barely sufficient for planning approval

I am just wondering whether it is possible to build an outbuilding in front of my house bare in mind I will be blocking my existing garage (parking standards) etc..

Yes appreciate that you know more information would be required in order to submit an application.

Nevertheless to answer the question a more fully one would need to know the scale of the development in relation to the dwelling, what other parking is available to the property, is the house on a road with limited parking, is the front garden overlooked, is the outbuilding going to be seen etc.

Even if all that was positive I would still if you were my client I still probably say there was more chance of refusal than approval.

And its freddy nor greedy! :p

Sponsored Links
Lol sorry freddy, ipad auto correct

Are there any sample drawings/plans of proposed outbuildings so i know what level of detail I need to obtain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back