Building Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy a house and it has had it's attic converted into rooms. The current vendors have been in 2 years so it was done before they moved in. Is there any way I can find out if this was approved by building control or planning?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ask the owners?

Or ask the council

Current owners don't know. Will ask the Council

Thanks
My council has a website where you can view the planning/LBC/Building Control applications for any property in the area, going back over ten years. Given that they are not the most progressive council, I would expect others also to have the same facility!

Sponsored Links
My council has a website where you can view the planning/LBC/Building Control applications for any property in the area, going back over ten years. Given that they are not the most progressive council, I would expect others also to have the same facility!

Most do or should have the facility to view past and present planning applications as they're public information. Some have information on past and present building control applications but very few.

Many building control depts aren't online in the way that planning records are

Also, the online or even basic office records for building control are not that accurate, as it is easy to apply for permission for one thing and then alter the scope of the works to something completely different - and this may only be recorded in the inspection notes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back