Building Notice and Build Over Public Sewer- Waltham Forest

thanks Guys, An update from my side.

Yesterday I submitted the Structural calculation for build over (to Protect the Sewage) to the inspector in the council. First I asked him, do I need to get approval of Build over Sewage agreement from Thames Water, he looked at my BN application (that I submitted before) and said to me No you dont require it as the pipe is not coming up in the map. You only need to submit these structural calculation of beams to protect pipe.

I asked again just to re-confirm, can we start the building work as the builders have stopped the work because we found the un-known pipe. he replied yes you can start on as per these calculations of architect and he only needs to check the diggings, pipe and the beams over sewage to make sure it is protected properly.

I have started the work now again, dont know what will happen in future from TW but council confirmed me to continue work. for safe side I have already sent an email to TW with the details of plans, but still didnt get any reply, today was 4th working day.

I was worrying may be the pipe is not in use that it look like, but again will need to go all that long process with TW to confirm either we can remove the pipe (if not in use) or not.

Sponsored Links
I live in Brent andi am also building over sewage but when building control came they told me to stop the work and submit a buid over to TW APPARENTLY THEY HAVE A HUGE BACK LOG AND i HAVE TO WAIT UP TO 3 WEEKS!!! Apparently TW always advise to do a Y junction to divert the sewage underneath an extension.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back