Building regs fees question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I had some PP approved for an extension earlier this year. The BR drawings were also approved and I paid circa £1000 to the council for the pleasure.

I have then decided I wanted to change/increase the build and so have had to submit a fresh PP application and await a decision.

The BR drawings will of course have to change but will be about 80% the same as the original ones.

My question is will I have to pay a full BR fee all over again?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get your agent to negotiate with the LA. Presumably your first fee was for the plan and inspection fee so if they've done no inspections then may want you to pay a bit more to amend the plan check. In my experience they're usually fairly flexible and its a bit negotiable but all LA's seem to differ in their approach.

Or you could just start the work and then give them a revised drawing ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I'll see what they would charge to advance approve the new drawings and if it's a lot I'll take the other suggested option and start the work and then give the amended plans.

Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back