Building Regulations,radiator in downstairs cloak/showerroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks,

We've been in the slow process of building a downstairs cloakroom off the hall for some time now. The room itself is big enough to shoehorn a small shower cubicle with enough room to walk in, and while being compact, will not be ridiculously small.

I'm just wondering what the building regulations are as regards to radiators in cloakrooms (assuming we didn't put the shower in), and shower rooms (assuming we did put the shower in).

The room itself has one external wall and two internal walls. Because of the layout, the two internal walls both have large radiators on the other side of the walls.

I don't think heat will be an issue, but wonder if regulations stipulate a radiator if the room were to be a shower room. It would possibly help a little with the compact dimensions if we could get away without a radiator altogether.

Sponsored Links
Alternatively if it is needed (or everyone here thinks I'm crazy thinking about a shower room without a radiator lol), I'm debating whether a heated towel rail above the toilet cistern would be a good idea or a ridiculous concept lol.

Fit the highest towel rail you can fit, I fitted a 1800mm high towel rail in my bathroom and I had to fit a trv to it as it was too hot - even with towels on.

So size does matter!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Fit the highest towel rail you can fit, I fitted a 1800mm high towel rail in my bathroom and I had to fit a trv to it as it was too hot - even with towels on.

So size does matter!

Andy

Dangerously hot for kids you mean? A high one might be a good move then after all :).

Ah, I was only going to get a dinky 70x40mm one, as the room is less than 1.5 x 1.5m. Like I say, I'm not sure it will need it because of the fact there's radiators surrounding the other side of the stud walls of the room, but I haven't a clue if building regulations allow no radiator at all.

With a towel rail and TRV, if too hot then you can always turn it off.

A shower room without a towel rail, how would you dry the towels?

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back