Built in the accessway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a detached house that has been converted into four flats the house is in a row of 10 houses in the street the left hand side of each house is a access walkway. Ours having a gate fitted that is a shared right of way between all four flats in this house. Our neighbour on the right of our house has built in the access way with a single storey flat roof enclosure with patio double doors at each end, this enclosure has been attached to our wall and our neighbour has also rendered our external wall about a foot above the flat roof.
I have had a look at the council web site and no planning application exists. Can I approach the council about this or is it ok what he has done?

Sponsored Links
Who owns the wall? If you own the wall then they cannot touch it let alone build against it or render it. The Planners will only care if the development is not within Permitted Devlopment rights ie it needed planning. http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings/ and even if it needed permission they won't want to get involved in a boundary dispute.

nobody on here can know the ins and outs of your deeds or local planning, of course you should contact the council.

Sponsored Links
nobody on here can know the ins and outs of your deeds or local planning, of course you should contact the council.
I know but no harm in getting some friendly advice first as I know nothing about this stuff, first time buyer on the bottom of that steep ladder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back