CHANGES/AMENDMENTS TO DRAWING/PLANNING ONCE APPROVED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just got planning to build a single story extension from by living room into the garden, its a very simple one going out by 3 metres, since i live in a masionette I had to get planning, this has been approved.

The drawing approved show double doors leading out into the garden and also 2 sky lights. Ive now decided to put bigger doors and 3 sky lights, can i do this without notifying planning/building regs so am i able to make small changes without letting them know, if i need to tell them, do i need to provide drawings again and would it cost me to submit the changes to the council? Im not changing the size of the actual extension, just the doors and the windows above.

Help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
So far as Planning is concerned, technically you should clear it with them, but personally I wouldn't bother as they'll probably charge you for it, and there will be the delay.

Building Regs might be concerned because you are increasing the area of glazing and may go over the normally-accepted limit.

The council will either see this is a non-material amendment (in that it is so minor a change that it doesn't affect the approval in any way) or request that you submit amended drawings in the form of a minor material amendment.

If your approval had a condition on it stating that the work must be in accordance with specific drawings then you should be aware that if you don't follow this you could be in breach of the planning condition. This isn't usually that major an issue, but if you come to sell the property it might crop up that the "t's" and "i's" aren't properly crossed and dotted.

The third option is as Tony said. It sounds pretty minor a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back