combi boiler regularisation

Hi,

Hopefully, I can shed some more light, having experience purchasing properties. As gasandstuff says, the install should have been notified for all install after 2005. In is no lack of a service that is causing issues, but the fact that the install may not have building regulations or self certification approval.

If the install was notified, then corgi will have a copy which cost £35+vat. (Get the vendors to obtain and pay for), and all is well.

In reality, the certificate may not exist (i.e unregistered installer etc). In this case you cannot yet a certificate for an existing installation. The only way this would be possible is for a new installer to remove the boiler, and then reinstall.

In this case, I suggest that you get a gas safety certificate (usually called a CP12 landlords certificate), will give you piece of mind that the install is safe. To keep your solicitors happy, they will then want a indemnity insurance policy, this will cover for loss or damages relahting to lack of building regulation approval (i.e enforcement by the council). This policy is arranged by the vendors solicitors (and paid by them) - and covers you in future (i.e when you sell)
[/code]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back