Concrete base in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm new here so please bear with me.

I'd like to install a new conservatory at the back of the house, we currently have a 3x2.5 lean to with concrete base, we would like the new conservatory to be 3x4, now my question would we need to dig up the concrete base entirely as we would like to install the new steel base system.

Or can we just extend the current concrete base with the steel base (i want a dwarf wall and one solid high wall). How would we go about insulating the old floor with the new floor.

We are pretty capable of most jobs, once we know whats needed.

So any suggestions, hints or tips most welcome.

Thanks in advance. :D :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
we would like to install the new steel base system.
What is "the new steel base system"........?

I would not recommend building off 'a base' in any case. I would however recommend building strip foundations particularly as you are building a tall-ish wall.

Sponsored Links
It's only worth installing a quick-form steel base if it means minimal preparation and work

It defeats the object to try an adapt around an existing concrete base, unless the new steel on can literally go over the whole lot. You'r have to get this confirmed by the rep or check yourself by measuring

As you potentially already have a base to part use, then traditional foundations may be more practical and cost effective

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back