Condition on planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was here about 6 months ago to ask some advice I had on a condition that the council had put on my planning permission to build an extension to the rear of my semi detached house.

I applied with my neighbour as we would like to build a extension right across the back of our two houses. The council put the condition on the permission that it had to be done as a single building operation but in reality the planning officer said they would never take enforcement action if it wasn't done as a single build. The original thread is below in case anyone is interested

//www.diynot.com/forums/building-regs-planning/planning-condition.309702/

I'm now all ready to go with the build and my neighbour is happy for me to start but is saying he needs another 12 months to get the money together. I think 12 months could turn into 24, then to 36 etc...

With this in mind and the fact that the council doesn't really care if it's not done as a single build I was wondering about indemnity insurance in case my neighbour never gets round to it and I need to sell up in 5 years' time.

I suppose my question is, am I making my house unsellable or much harder to sell or will the indemnity insurance be enough to satisfy banks / conveyancing solicitors (presuming it's taken out 12 months after the build is completed)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back