Conservatory window seal on a party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has a window seal on what i think might be a party wall if not it is on my boundary which has got his conservatory window seal on it.He wants to replace it because it leaks fair enough.But he want to go halves why would i its his amenity not a shared one is he right to go halves or is it his resposibility despite it facing my side??

Sponsored Links
Check your deeds to see who is responsible for that party wall/fenceline. If its you then ityou should contribute but make sure if looks attractive to you. If its your neighbours then tell him its his responsibility but you make then not get a choice on what it looks like!

I can't see how something that is a part of a window which is clearly his property, can have anything to do with you, so I think it's daft to ask you to contribute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back