converting garage

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Do I need planning permission to convert my garage into living space? The garage is adjoined to the house.

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
you will of course have to comply with building regs [insulation strength ventilation etc]
i also believe you need permission to alter the front profile or appearance

you will of course have to comply with building regs [insulation strength ventilation etc]
i also believe you need permission to alter the front profile or appearance
Planning Permission is not required to insert a new window or door opening providing any upper floor window in the wall or roof slope forming a side elevation of the dwelling are glazed with obscured-glass (level 4-5 obscurity) and are fixed into a non opening frame (unless the opener is more than 1.7m above the floor of the room in which the window is installed).

Sponsored Links
No strangely you can mess about with any windows, add them take them away have round ones if you like on a front elevation, all without PP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back