destroyed building and want to rebuild

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I was after some help on this one some 50 years ago there used to be houses in 2 diffrent locations on my farm. I have photographic everdence of these houses they were uninhabited and used for agricultrure for about 5 years and then destroyed. in one case the footing still remains in the othere there is nothing left.

I was seaching the web on the planning law on rebuilding old buildings without planning permission dose anyone no the law on this or thinks the rebuild of these two small bungalows could be done. they were knocked down by my grandfather in the late 50s/earliy 60s.

If my house burnt down today would i need planning permission to rebuild it?? ~~if no how long would i have to rebuild it could be classed as the same question?

Sponsored Links
no expert
but rebuilding must be essential for the running off the farm as in farm workers use and not for selling or profit

but as i say i dont have a clue :eek:

You're 50 years too late.

Once a property is demolished/removed/burnt to the ground, then planning permission is required to rebuild it

Sponsored Links
Thas such a shame woody.
We have a number of ag tied cottages already big all so more would proberbly not be warented.

Seems a shame the buildings were destroyed i may talk to the local council in the new year about the possiblilty off gaining planning permission for these buildings thanks for the replys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back