developers contribution

G

george765

Does anyone on here have knowledge of this subject ?
I have applied for planning concent to seperate part of my house to form a self contained one bed dwelling. No legal seperation is intended.
My 4 bed house will then become a 2 bed house and a seperate, small, 1 bed house.
No external changes are taking place and overal I am losing 1 bedroom.
The local planning officer has told me I will have to pay a section 106 developers contribution which will amount to 2-3k. This is likely to put the project beyond what I can afford.
Having read up, it appears that it is a contribution by developers to pay for the extra infrastructure needed by there development.
But in my case I think they are going a bit far. As I am going from 4 to 3 bedrooms and not building, just sub dividing, I am hardley going to create a need for extra infrastructure......... beaurocracy gone mad ?
Has anyone got experience of this that could be of help to me ?
thanks in advance, George

Sponsored Links
Each LA should have a specific policy regarding these payments, which determines when they will be requested and what they will be used for.

Normally, they will be levied only to pay for infrastructure directly related to any development, to to cover some other costs consequential to the development

You need to find out what their current local policy is, and how/why charges will be levied for your particular proposal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back