Do I need a CORGI engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My mother had a new bathroom fitted by a friend of a friend of hers. I am visiting on holidays (I live abroad) and I noticed the radiator is fitted but not plumbed to the old connections. She told me the fitter told her that he wasn't allowed to do it as he's not CORGI registered.
It is simply the water pipes that are to be joined followed by topping up the system afterwards.
I am able to do this, but want to confirm its legal before I do as its my mother's house and I don't want her to have any problems later.
Can anyone confirm the regulations on this?

Sponsored Links
The CORGI register was for engineers carrying out work involving gas appliances. (it's now the GAS SAFE register anyway) and it doesn't apply to basic plumbing that involves pipes just containing water. Unless there is also an issue with the boiler other than repressurising that needs addressing.

I'm in england so you may want to check Scotland is the same.

Link to Gas Safe Register Website

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back