Door from Kitchen to living room...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is there any legislation where you have to have a door form the kitchen to the next room (living room)??

I have recently had a rear single storey extension for the purposes of a kitchen and just need to know if there are any legal reasons why I cant take the double doors off the rear of the living room which leads into the kitchen (its more like a breakfast area but the kitchen will be to the left of it.

I just need to know as I want to remove these doors but BC will be comeing round soon and I dont want them telling me to put some new ones up as I cant afford it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming a normal 2 storey house provided the stairs remain seperated from the living room/kitchen you're OK.

Why not leave it till after BC, even ask him when he is there.
I think conservatory has to have a door.

Sponsored Links
Cheers peeps,

I was going to leave it until after just in case, but it would be easier if I could remove it before so I can board and skim around it easier.

I dont want to bother BC too much as I want them out the door asap once they are in there - Dont want them looking round too much....if you get my drift :)

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back