Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When digging the foundations the builders found a drain pipe exactly where we are suppose to pour he concrete, the buiding control guy said thames has to move it but apparently it could take weeks before they come. I dont know what to do.Also he told us we have to move the inspection chamber outside the extension.
//www.diynot.com/network/gnougnoume/albums/

Sponsored Links
Move the extension wall in or out so that it misses the pipe.

The chamber can be left within the building as long as you fit the correct lid, i.e screw down, double seal, air tight recessed fella.

Move the extension wall in or out so that it misses the pipe.

The chamber can be left within the building as long as you fit the correct lid, i.e screw down, double seal, air tight recessed fella.
0 the pipe is exactly at 3 metres so we have no cchoice to build the wall before and the extension will be a bit smaller. But the guy from builing regulation said we can't leave the cchamber inside the building and we have to move it outside:how can we contest this? Because we need approval from thames water and submit plan it could take ages.

Why and for what reason is the BCO insisting that the chamber be moved?

Extensions are often built over inspection chambers so what is his gripe?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back