Extension with permitted development.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a semi-detached bungalow with 2 tiny rooms in attic.
I am looking to extend as we have a huge plot but am unclear about the permitted development rules.
When it says i can build '3m' is this the distance from the back wall? Does this mean i can build 3m outwards but along the full width of bungalow?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes full width but depth restricted to 3m from the face of the existing rear wall.

You've probably found www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/

But this is a good read to the uninitiated, page 9 onwards http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/100806_PDforhouseholders_TechnicalGuidance.pdf

But really if you want to, funds permit and the property lends itself to it then don't limit yourself to 3m for the sake of a Planning Application! Daft to go through having an extension built to not get what you really want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back